Front Desk Training – Check Out
Goal: To utilize the guest check out as one last opportunity to build guest loyalty and make every guest a return guest
Recommended steps to use incorporate this training in your hotel:
- Have each GSA watch the video as many times as it takes for them to memorize the 5 steps to a checkout.
- Use practice scenarios to test each GSA.
- Hang a ‘Guest Check Out Cheat Sheet’ behind the front desk that the GSAs can refer to as they become familiar with the program.
- Have GSAs use our ‘Self Assessment Form’ to score each other when it is not busy. Have one GSA conduct the check-out while a second GSA does the scoring.
- Have the manager or supervisor conduct self-assessments. Have the manager sit down with each GSA and review the results.
- Hold each GSA accountable for hitting every step with every checkout.
- Schedule a Mystery Shopping Audit on a regular basis to review your progress.