Front Desk Training – Check In
Goal: To build guest loyalty by making a great first impression welcoming and making the guest feel at home.
Recommended steps to use incorporate this training in your hotel:
- Have each GSA watch the video as many times as it takes for them to memorize the 7 steps to a check-in.
- Use practice scenarios to test each GSA.
- Hang a ‘Guest Check In Cheat Sheet’ behind the front desk that the GSAs can refer to as they become familiar with the program.
- Have GSAs use our ‘Self Assessment Form’ to score each other when it is not busy. Have one GSA conduct the check-in. while a second GSA does the scoring.
- Have the manager or supervisor conduct self-assessments. Have the manager sit down with each GSA and review the results.
- Hold each GSA accountable for hitting every step with every check-in.
- Schedule a Mystery Shopping Audit on a regular basis to review your progress.